I learned on a NCR Century 100.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Allen" <scprideandms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2007 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: Describing RPG IV

I learned on a DEC PDP 11 IIRC

On 2/12/07, Michael Ryan <michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As were the DEC VAX and the TI DS-990 and the Wang VS versions. And
the PC versions...there used to be a couple of compilers.

On 2/12/07, David Gibbs <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jon Paris wrote:
Nope - there is a mainframe version that is just plain ole RPG (RPG
?) -
the one I suspect you are thinking of was SAA RPG which was RPG III
minus
the useful bits <grin> - Mind you it provided the foundation for RPG
IV so
all was not lost.

I'm pretty sure that the mainframe version of RPG that I learned on
was
RPG II.

david