There was a thread last week regarding how to pull up a web site from within an RPG program. The basic process was summarized as:

CMD        PROMPT('Launch Browser')

PARM       KWD(URL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(90) MIN(1) +
          EXPR(*YES) PROMPT('URL to launch')

PGM  PARM(&URL)

    DCL VAR(&CMD) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(123)
    DCL VAR(&URL) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(90)

    STRPCO PCTA(*NO)
    MONMSG IWS4010

    CHGVAR VAR(&CMD) +
    VALUE('rundll32 url,FileProtocolHandler ' *BCAT &URL)

    STRPCCMD PCCMD(&CMD) PAUSE(*NO)

ENDPGM

However, it keeps barfing with a Windows dialog box titled "RUNDLL" with the message: "Error in URL Missing entry: FILEPROTOCOL HANDLER".I ran debug over it and the &URL field is initialized.

I, also, ran a sample program that Scott (I think) put up to test whether or not one had the necessary tools on the workstation:

PGM
        STRPCO
        MONMSG IWS4010
        STRPCCMD PCCMD('start http://www.midrange.com') +
                 PAUSE(*NO)
   ENDPGM

This worked fine.

This seemed like such a neat idea, when I read it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.