From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of DennisRootes@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 24 January 2007 18:02
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Pseudo random number routine

There was a Star Trek game on the S/34?  Do tell.  Is there one for the
AS/400?

message: 7
date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:17:55 -0600
from: Nick_Radich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: RE: Pseudo random number routine

Many years ago I needed a random number generator for a client that
wanted
random numbers for their Item Number.  We tried REXX, but it was to slow.

So, I took the code from the old Star Trek game on a S/34,used to
initially position the Klingons, modified it a bit for their purposes and

put it into Production.  Games work great, they have some neat code in
there.

Nick Radich
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
EPC Molding, Inc.