Some months back I posted a situation I was having with the same scenario,
using the i's LDAP client API's to validate the "name" portion of an email
address as entered into a green screen program against the local network's
Active Directory.

Back when I first started with it, I had asked about permissions, and was
assured that being behind their firewall it would be good to go. (Ahem)

But after resuming the attack on this recently, finally the VB programmer
figured out it was a permissions issue. (Ahem)

BUT it was a bit subtle, because it was returning a subset of entries, using
various filter strings, but whenever the filter required this particular piece
of data ("attribute type"), nothing came back.

--Alan

-----Original Message-----On Behalf Of Mike Cunningham
I am doing some work reading Active Directory LDAP data from an RPG
program. I have not problem getting the data but for some reason MS
elected to not show date/time stamps in any rational fashion. The
date/time stamp is in seconds since 00:00:00 January 1 1601 like
127122881993040000. Anyone know how to translate the number of seconds
elapsed since 00:00:00, January 1, 1601, to a date and time?