From: Rory Hewitt [mailto:roryhewitt@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 4:42 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Optimize *FULL

The calls to QbnStartPreProcessor() and QbnAddAssociatedSpaceEntry()
show no errors, but the call to QbnEndPreProcessor() always throws a
CPF5D23 ("Source file member has been changed."). I'm stumped - I'm
not actually changing the source member at all - just reading it. The
change date timestamp on the member isn't changing at all...

Rory,

try to delete the remove and then add the srcmbr back again.  the preprocessor
APIs use the associated space of the srcmbr to store some info, and I forget
the details, but doing that can clear up this error in some cases ;)

Then, of course, because the QbnRetrieveAssociatedSpace() API uses a
relative call stack entry rather than a qualified program name, the
ability to retrieve this information is dependent on the debugged
program being in the call stack. In other words, I'd need to have a
call within each module I'd want to debug in this way to the procedure
which retrieves the PAS and gets the source (and potentially starts
debug).

pretty useless, heh? I never used it, but I suspect the pre ILE version of this
api work better. When I was trying to get the associated space APIs to work I
hit a hard limitation that the "associated space identifier" parm could only
contain a value of *PREPROC.   Depending on what you want to do, if you want
your preprocessor to be able to store info in the module to be retrieved at
runtime, then way to do this is to define this info as constants in the
compiled code.

-Steve