Aaron,

I'm not sure whether this actually makes the code more secure. My company
used to run a process against all our shipped programs to do a CHGPGM
OTPIMIZE(*FULL) and DBGVIEW(*NONE) and/or RMVOBS(*YES). We stopped dpoing
that because it makes it more difficult to ensure that the customer has *
exactly* the same object as our developers.

Whilst removing observability obviously makes your code more secure, I don't
know if OPTIMIZE(*FULL) does. I'd suspect that a *really* determined
hacker/decompiler could figure it out either way. Frankly, if someone is *
that* keen to hack our software, good luck to 'em - the cost to decompile it
will probably cost more than a license anyway.

I just use DBGVIEW(*SOURCE) and be done with that - the program doesn't have
debug information shipped with it, but it can be easily debugged by us if
necessary.

Rory

p.s. The exception to all this is our licensing software, which is highly
secured.... :-)