I did not see either of these ideas, unless I missed them

Within CL, use RTVJOBA as shown (define &JOBNBR as 6 long character
variable):
RTVJOBA NBR(&JOBNBR)

Within RPG Program Status Data Structure (see JOBNBR):
D                SDS
D  PGMNAM                 1     10
D  PgmLib                81     90
D  JOBNAM               244    253
D  USERID               254    263
D  JOBNBR                       264      269S 0
D  JOBDAT               270    275S 0
D  SYSDAT               276    281S 0
D  SYSTIM               282    287S 0

Warren S. Schultz