Charles,

What exactly do you mean table/array file? Files defined as T (Table) in
stead of P (Primary) or F (Fully Procedural)?

If defined as T (some sample code here (from copied SPLF):
(code was originally RPG III, converted for this case to RPG IV, as well;
used  this technique only once).

RPG III

      FVRVERP  IT  F     254           EDISK
                                     99/12/16
      FLNLANP  IT  F      49           EDISK
                                     99/12/16
      FOTORDP  IT  F      42           EDISK
                                     99/12/16
      FKBAFLP  IT  F     542           EDISK
                                     99/12/16
      FORORDA15IF  E           K        DISK
                                     02/11/15
                                     99/08/31
       * E X T E N S I O N   S P E C I F I C A T I O N S               *
                                     99/08/31
                                     99/08/31
       * Arrays voor controle bestanden
                                     99/10/06
      E    VRVERP          VV      1 100  4P0 VOM    35
                                     99/12/16
      E    LNLANP          LN      1 100  3P0 LOM    35
                                     99/12/16
      E    OTORDP          OT      1  25  2P0 TOM    35
                                     99/12/16
      E    KBAFLP          AA      1 250  6P0 KOM    35
                                     99/12/16
*****                                99/08/31
       * LAND
                                     99/09/03
      C           @@LNID    IFNE 0
                                     06/02/01
      C                     Z-ADD1         IX      70
                                     99/10/06
      C           @@LNID    LOKUPLN,IX                    02
                                     99/12/16
      C                     ENDIF
                                     06/02/01
       * ORDERTYPE
                                     99/09/03
      C           @@OTID    IFNE 0
                                     06/02/01
      C                     Z-ADD1         IX
                                     99/10/06
      C           @@OTID    LOKUPOT,IX                    05
                                     99/12/16
      C                     ENDIF
                                     06/02/01

RPG IV

      FVRVERP    IT   F  254        DISK
                                     99/12/16
      FLNLANP    IT   F   49        DISK
                                     99/12/16
      FOTORDP    IT   F   42        DISK
                                     99/12/16
      FKBAFLP    IT   F  542        DISK
                                     99/12/16
                                     99/08/31
       * E X T E N S I O N   S P E C I F I C A T I O N S               *
                                     99/08/31
                                     99/08/31
      D VV              S              4  0 DIM(100) EXTFMT(P)
FROMFILE(VRVERP)                                  99/12/16
      D                                     PERRCD(1)
                                     99/12/16
      D VOM             S             35    DIM(100) ALT(VV)
                                     99/12/16
      D LN              S              3  0 DIM(100) EXTFMT(P)
FROMFILE(LNLANP)                                  99/12/16
      D                                     PERRCD(1)
                                     99/12/16
      D LOM             S             35    DIM(100) ALT(LN)
                                     99/12/16
      D OT              S              2  0 DIM(25) EXTFMT(P)
FROMFILE(OTORDP)                                   99/12/16
      D                                     PERRCD(1)
                                     99/12/16
      D TOM             S             35    DIM(25) ALT(OT)
                                     99/12/16
      D AA              S              6  0 DIM(250) EXTFMT(P)
FROMFILE(KBAFLP)                                  99/12/16
      D                                     PERRCD(1)
                                     99/12/16
      D KOM             S             35    DIM(250) ALT(AA)
                                     99/12/16
                                     99/08/31
       * LAND
                                     99/09/03
      C     @@LNID        IFNE      0
                                     06/02/01
      C                   Z-ADD     1             IX                7 0
                                     99/10/06
      C     @@LNID        LOOKUP    LN(IX)
02                                    99/12/16
      C                   ENDIF
                                     06/02/01
       * ORDERTYPE
                                     99/09/03
      C     @@OTID        IFNE      0
                                     06/02/01
      C                   Z-ADD     1             IX
                                     99/10/06
      C     @@OTID        LOOKUP    OT(IX)
05                                    99/12/16
      C                   ENDIF
                                     06/02/01

The file can be defined for input and output or both.  You have to think
about the record length in the F-specs and the dimension in the E/D-specs.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.