I don't know enough about VARPG to give you counsel on that but the approach that uses a java class that can be called from VARPG might work.

Do you get an error when you run the program,or is the problem that VARPG won't even let you design a class to do what you want? I can't remember enough of what I have seen in VARPG to know what to tell you to do.

Pete

P. Raulerson wrote:
Yep - and that seems to be the case. I can generate a nice little applet
that puts up a nice little screen and does most of the event processing. I just cannot get the doggone thing to connect to a database...

At least using the ODBC/JDBC part. I guess I could hand write the Java to do the database connections and such, but it sure seems like VARPG should
be able to do it. I could be wrong of course, or it may be something about
Applets that doesn't let it work. The manual specifically says that JDBC
won't work, but I rather assumed that to mean that ODBC would.
-Paul