Francis,

Fair enough. I find it simple to have the INDARA keyword in my DSPF's, *
don't* specify INDDS for the display file in my RPG program and use the
following in my RPG programs:

D Indicators@     S               *   Inz(%addr(*IN))
D Indicators      DS                  Based(Indicators@)
D Inds                          99A
D   SflClr                        N   Overlay(Inds:20)

which works exactly the same as your method (named indicators etc.), but
allows the display file to be recompiled without the program also needing to
be recompiled if I simply add another CA/CF command key to the DSPF...

I've never used the INDDS keyword with this method - there's no need.

Horses for courses, as they say in my homeland.

Rory