From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Holden Tommy
Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2006 11:36 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Indicator Redux

Using INDDS you have 2 sets of indicators 1 -99.  One set (the INDDS) is
used to control the display file functions & the others (*IN) are usable
only by the RPG program.  Setting on the excludesys will not in anyway
affect the indicators in the *IN set of indicators.  Personally I don't
use INDDS...I just overlay the *IN set with meaningful names so I can
reference either *IN27 or ExcludeSys.

For example:
D IndArrPtr       s               *   Inz(%Addr(*In))

D                 ds                  Based(IndArrPtr)

D Sfl1_Dsp               30     30
D Sfl1_DspCtl            31     31
D Sfl1_Clear             32     32
D Sfl1_End               97     97

D Sfl2_Dsp               40     40
D Sfl2_DspCtl            41     41
D Sfl2_Clear             42     42
D Sfl2_End               98     98

This will overlay the *IN indicators so now I can reference *IN30 or
SFL1_DSP & "both" are turned on since they are actually the same
indicator ( place in memory)

Thanks,
Tommy Holden