Also, It seems I have read recently about a way to define the file so
that fields are not read until used.
Thus reducing the decimal data error possibility.
Using this in conjunction with the monitor blocks only around the
fields that have presented a problem should reduce your coding.
Trouble is, I can't remember how that was, seems like it might have
been to read the file record directly into a data structure, but I'm not
sure.
Perhaps someone else can build on my faulty memory.

hth,

Dave B

michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx 11/28/2006 11:39:41 AM >>>
How about a MONITOR block around the statements that access the
suspect
fields?