Hi James

I don't know exactly what circumstances your program is intended to be used in, but doing a blind ADDLIBLE like this is one of my pet hates (don't take it personally :) ).

To my way of thinking if you do an ADDLIBLE then you ought to add a corresponding RMVLIBLE to ensure that the job is left in the same state it was when your program was called.

Further, you also need to know whether the ADDLIBLE failed because the library was in the list already so that you can condition the RMVLIBLE operation to only be executed of the library was added by your program. If it was already in the list then you don't want to remove it.

It may well be that this is totally inapplicable in your case, but I have seen quite a few weird failures over the years where programs meddled with library lists without considering the impact on any subsequent programs calls later on in the job.

Regards
Evan Harris