Thanks a ton Scott!

I have taken what you created and made it into something that's callable by
other programs.  Check it out at http://mowyourlawn.com/files/JLIFS_v1.zip
(Job Log IFS)

I added a command that works like the following:

JLIFS IFSLOC('/home/myjob.txt') JOBNAM(*)

I added a test program to show how to call from another program:

     D JLIFSR          pr                  extpgm('JLIFSR')
     D  ppIFSLoc                    256a
     D  ppJobNam                     10a
     D  ppJobUsr                     10a
     D  ppJobNbr                      6a

     D IFSLoc          s            256a
     D JobNam          s             10a
     D JobUsr          s             10a
     D JobNbr          s              6a
      /free

       // Go after a specifc job
       IFSLoc = '/home/JLIFS_specificjob.txt';
       JobNam = 'MYRXS';
       JobUsr = 'QTMHHTTP';
       JobNbr = '002235';
       JLIFSR(IFSLoc: JobNam: JobUsr: JobNbr);

       // Go after this job
       IFSLoc = '/home/JLIFS_thisjob.txt';
       JobNam = '*';
       JobUsr = '';
       JobNbr = '';
       JLIFSR(IFSLoc: JobNam: JobUsr: JobNbr);

       *inlr = *on;

      /end-free

I have some more ideas to make this into a cool little utility that is very
configurable.  I will have to see if I get to it anytime in the near future.

Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com