Cool! Here is the link to the redbook:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246503.pdf

I also highly recommend www.iseries.ibm.com/db2 and look at the support tab - there are links to the manuals and various examples.

Calling the stored procedure with a CALL statement in a QMQRY will do nothing, or it will get you an error that there is not data to SAVE if you try to put it to an outfile.

Maybe for this the preferred way to create the procedure is to use RUNSQLSTM, not STRQMQRY. But you should not have to run the CREATE PROCEDURE more than once, in any case. And never in a production environment - I know, never say never.

Anyway, good luck
Vern