Brian,

Change it to be this:

MSG('''&1'' is an invalid value.') FMT((*CHAR 15))

and it will work fine (it will automatically be trimmed).

Rory

On 11/7/06, Brian Lewis <bsl04@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I created a message file and added a message description to it like
MSG('&1 is an invalid value.') FMT((*QTDCHAR 15))

15 is the maximum length this field can take on, but it could be
anything from 0 to 15 in length.

I want the message to appear like
'BLAH' is an invalid value.

But it actually appears like
'BLAH           ' is an invalid value.

I'm sending it with QMHSNDPM. %trimr()ing the message data field doesn't
seem to matter. Setting the message data length field to
%len(%trimr(field)) doesn't seem to matter, either.

Thanks for any help.