All,
  Hope someone can give some thought for this problem. The below code fails in
production with Error MCH1210 - The target for a numeric operation is too small
to hold the result.

  C     STA_DATTIM    SUBDUR    SV_DATTIM       STA_DUR:*S

  Here STA_DATTIM and SV_DATTIM are time stamp variables. And STA_DUR is 5,0
packed decimal. When the error occurs last week, I answered the message with
'D' and the values in the dump shows as below:

  STA_DATTIM            TIMESTAMP(26)        '2006-10-31-09.55.21.000000'
                      VALUE IN HEX         'F2F0F0F660F1F060F3F160F0F94BF5F54
  SV_DATTIM             TIMESTAMP(26)        '2006-10-29-01.14.15.000000'
                      VALUE IN HEX         'F2F0F0F660F1F060F2F960F0F14BF1F44
  STA_DUR            PACKED(5,0)          00007.           '00007F'X

  Is anything wrong with the code?. I never saw any message aslike this till we
recently moved to V5R3. I created a dummy program with these timestamp values
in my V5R3 test enviornmnet and it worked good. Is any PTF missing?. Any help
in this greatly appreciated.
  Thanks!
  Sivakumar