One last time. We only converted our code. WE still have all the old code.
The IBM convert program asks for the new source file to put the converted
code into. And as to the disgruntled programmer, any programmer can write
code, and then delete the source, How is my 3 year old QRPGSRC file
involved in new programming? We don't write RPGIII and then convert,
existing code was converted and then all maintenance and new code is in
RPGIV. I think people are confused. We only write in RPGIV, just like
before we only wrote in RPGIII. There is no new program written saved and
then converted. Maybe I'm explaining this bad? Any programmer can write
new code implement the program and then delete the new source. If the
system lets them, How would having converted a source file 3 years ago and
locking it down make that any more possible?

jstevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/26/2006 09:46 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Converting RPG to RPGLE

Wow - I'm surprised that your SOX auditors allow you to do that.  It seems

like you've got a system there an it must work.  But it seems to me that
it's leaves some room for problems/issues.  What if you had a disgruntled
developer that wanted to write some malicious code.  You could write the
program, so do something bad - or transfer funds to a private account or
something like that, then remove the real source, and allow the ILE source

to just be sitting there.  Then when an issue came up or some other
question - bingo - any evidence of the wrong doing is gone.

I just think typically - you would want to always have the source match
the  compiled object.

But, like it said - it sounds like you've got a system in place to control

it.  Just thought that  I give my thoughts - might be something to think
about.

Good luck with it.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.