Hello All,

In my screen DDS I have the following fields defined. In WWFLD I get the
field name on which the cursor was placed. Is there any way I can get the
contents of what is held in the field name which appears in WWFLD &
whether it is a numeric of alphanumeric field.

EG: WWFLD contains the field name       CCITEMCD        I need the value
'2983098'  or a number 28498375.
                                        SSITEMCD        I need the value
'A983KID'  or a number 28498.
                                        TTITEMCD        I need the value
'POI8798'  or a number 9389d.

     A            WWFLD         10A  H
     A            WWRCDNBR       4S 0H      SFLRCDNBR(CURSOR)
     A            S1FICATPH     24A  H
     A            WWRRN          5S 0H
     A            WWRCD         10A  H
     A            WWCOL          3S 0H
     A            WWROW          3S 0H

The reason being I want to pass the value inside the field as a parameter
in character form so if it is already in character form no problems but if
not I need to convert it into a character.

Hope I have expressed myself clearly.

Thanks & best regards
Ewart