On 10/12/06, Scott Feddersen <Scott.Feddersen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
.

C* Remove control characters from product long description
C                   CLEAR                   WK1500
C                   MOVEL     DSP_PRODLD    WK1500
C                   DO        1500          X
C                   IF        WRK(X) <= x'20'
C                   EVAL      WRK(X) = *BLANK
C                   ENDIF
C                   ENDDO
C                   MOVEA     WRK           DSP_PRODLD
C                   EVAL      PRD_PRODLD = %TRIM(DSP_PRODLD)

Or:

D badValues       S             64A   Inz(x'0001020304050607+
D                                           08090A0B0C0D0E0F+
D                                           1011121314151617+
D                                           18191A1B1C1D1E1F+
D                                           2021222324252627+
D                                           28292A2B2C2D2E2F+
D                                           3031323334353637+
D                                           38393A3B3C3D3E3F')
D lotsABlanks     S             64A   Inz(*Blanks)

/free

%Xlate( badValues : lotsABlanks : WK1500 )

/end-free

OffTopic: The ILE/RPG manual has contained an error for %XLATE since
at least V5R1. Drives me crazy they don't fix it (and yes, I've
told them that - before V5R2).

Chris