Kevin's book w/ CD is a masterpiece. If Kevin ever reads this list, dude
I have benefited from your book tremendously!

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:44 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Subfile without indicators

Joe,

While Booth's example shows that it can *almost* be done, the example is

a very specific case (one, in fact, that with Booth's help I used in a
project).  Notice that there is no SFLCLR, which one would normally want

to do, but not every time you write the subfile control.  That requires
an indicator.

Kevin Vandever also wrote a pretty good book: Subfiles in RPG IV.  I
couldn't find a single example in his book or Catalani's, which I also
have, of a subfile with no indicators.

Out of curiosity, why?

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i5/iSeries Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice
        615.995.7024
fax
        615.995.1201
email
        jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Booth Martin wrote:

Here is a subfile with one indicator.  I have no idea if that indicator

can be deleted.

http://tinyurl.com/kczww

Joseph Pascoguin wrote:

Is it possible to create subfile without using any indicators, Im
following
with Catalani book to create subfiles...
If any  one has done , could you kindly post code or refer good books
on
subfiles without indicator usage.

Warm Regards,
JoeP