Thanks, Bob.  Never heard of it, but I bookmarked it (lord knows why).

But, as far as I could tell from the web site, this ain't MS/PC-DOS but a reverse engineered version. The site says "FreeDOS aims to be a complete, free, 100% MS-DOS compatible operating system" but could find any indication of which version.

Any thoughts on whether anyone would ever attempt something like this with OS/400? Yes, I know about California Software. I mean, a real OS/400 like the FreeDOS guys are trying to do.

        * Jerry C. Adams
*IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale Distributors, Inc.* *
voice