From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On
Behalf Of AGlauser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:50 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Jakarta POI - HWPF for word files

Darrell Lee wrote on 10/08/2006 09:15:52 AM:

> What i'm reading at the jakarta site is they have stopped
> development.

I was alarmed when I read this!  I was concerned that the entire POI
project had been abandoned.  I went to the Jakarta POI site (
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/index.html) to see for myself if this
was true.  It turns out that the HWPF subproject is currently stalled, as
the maintainer and main contributor has left the project.

HSSF, the Excel reading/writing part of the POI project, is alive and
well.

Just thought I'd clear the air in case others were wondering about this,
Adam

#####
Attention:
The above message and/or attachment(s) is private and confidential and is
intended
only for the people for which it is addressed. If you are not named in the
address
fields, ignore the contents and delete all the material. Thank you. Have a
nice
day.

For more information on email virus scanning, security and content
management, please contact administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxx