How do I start?  I dropped $300 for a new monitor and now I have 1680x1050
resolution on a 20-inch widescreen display.  With that I can easily have
three source members open side by side by side, showing nearly 50 lines
each.  Those three members can be any three members I'd like, and of course
each pane is tabbed so I can switch back and forth between members within a
pane with a single click.  So I can have dozens of members just a click or
two away.

Alternately, two (or all three!) of those panes can be editable windows into
THE SAME SOURCE MEMBER, meaning I can make changes in multiple places
simultaneously.  (BTW, for people like me who include the prototype in the
source of the module, it's really great.)

I'm staying mostly out of this conversation.  Most of the issues are smoke
and not a lot of substance; read the comments, pick the way that works best
for you and stick with it.  I don't care what you name your source files or
your copy members as long as the naming is consist.  As I said, I don't even
use prototype members.  I have the prototype right in the source member and
I condition the code based on a /IF DEFINED(PROTO) switch.  I include the
source for every member I need to compile.  Is it the best approach?  Maybe
not for you, but it works great for me.

The only thing I will say is that using SEU rather than WDSC is a really
poor choice.  If it's up to you and it's simply a matter of cost, then it's
the best investment you could make.  If it's up to your boss and your boss
won't get it for you, then you seriously need to consider getting a new boss
<smile>.

Joe

From: Rory Hewitt

Rob,

Like Steve, I'm an SEU diehard (partly because I've never had the time to
get used to WDSc). In SEU we can use F15 and type the /COPY name and view
it
- is the WDSc equivalent much better? Or of course, there's SysReq-1 for
the
alternate session, where you can view any other members in full-screen
glory...