Sorry Booth, I already suggested that. The user needs the ability to see
multiple records on the screen.
With the user having the ability  to sort the data down in whatever way
they desire, it will help them to "cluster" like items together, so that
they can choose like items for the same Category/Sub-Category.
Like I said before, I didn't say that this project was easy.
However, I hope nobody misconstrues any of my remarks, because the
that this e-mail group/list is in pooling knowledge.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             Booth Martin
             <booth@xxxxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/03/2006 03:47          Re: Spam:Re: Even more embedded
             PM                        SQL.... Thank you EVERYBODY
                                       (one     lastthing)

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

A subfile has a limit of 9999 records.  Its easy to program to stop at
that limit, but really, at that point a subfile has little use.  Thats
why I suggested a filter earlier.  Later I saw your post where the users
need to process all the records.  Well, ok.  But they aren't going to
process 65,000 in one sitting.  If they really are going to process all
of the records, one after another, why display 10 at a time, anyway?
Display them one record at a time, and allow the page keys to page up
and down through the main file, one record at a time?  Then, have the
various possible sorts set on by F-key(s) and use logicals as was
suggested by someone earlier.

Alan Shore wrote:

I just created a quick and dirty program to read a 65,500 record file to
load-all subfile. Using Debug, it errors out on the  10,000th record to
the
subfile.
Making changes as you suggested resulted in the program errors out on the
10,000th record to the subfile.

Oh well. Never mind

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             Michael_Schutte@b

             obevans.com

             Sent by:
             rpg400-l-bounces@         RPG programming on the AS400 /

             midrange.com              iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

             08/03/2006 02:27
Subject
             PM                        Re: Spam:Re: Even more embedded

                                       SQL.... Thank you EVERYBODY (one

                                       lastthing)

             Please respond to

              RPG programming

              on the AS400 /

                  iSeries

             <rpg400-l@midrang

                  e.com>

Thanks,

I've never used it, but I "wrongly" assumed that it was designed so that
you could do more than 9,999 records.

             "Crispin Bates"
             <cbates@xxxxxxxxx
             et>
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com
cc

Subject
             08/03/2006 02:13          Re: Spam:Re: Even more embedded
             PM                        SQL.... Thank you EVERYBODY (one
                                       lastthing)

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Michael,

The DDS Manual specifies that a program to system field should be 5S0 if
used for these keywords. But, it also quite explicitly states that the
maximum number of records in a subfile is 9999.

Crispin.