I'm gonna venture a guess that you DO have the overlay specified....

Writing a footer to a window subfile is *slightly* different than write
a footer to a full screen subfile.  For a full screen subfile all that
is required is:

Write footer;
Exfmt ctl;

For a window subfile, the window HAS to be "active" before you can write
the footer record, so to add the footer you would have to do the
following:

Write ctl;
Write footer;
Exfmt ctl;

Since in the example "ctl" is the actual "window" for the subfile it
must be active prior to writing the footer.  The reason you don't have
to do this for a full screen subfile is that the "full screen" is
already "active".

Thanks,
Tommy Holden