Hello Paul,

Not sure if you're looking for this as an option for a customer or as an
extension to your product offerings.

You could learn how to use the HLLAPI API's with CA/400 and roll your own
program that screen scrapes and then launches the web link.

If you are open to commercial options we have two products that could
prove useful:

1.) 5250 Integrator - This tool allows any area of an emulation screen to
become an area that can be used to trigger web links, or any other program
accessible via VBScript.  We wrapped up the HLLAPI functionality of the
CA/400 emulator along with a back end VBScripting engine to give
developers the ability to quickly enable any 5250 screen for access. No
access to application source code is needed for this tool.

2.) iSeries Office Integrator - Contains CL commands that can be embedded
into existing programs to be able to trigger word mail merges, URL's, etc
from a function key or subfile option in any callable CL, RPG or COBOL
program.  This tool DOES require that you have source code for your apps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
------------------------------

message: 3
date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:34:52 -0700
from: "Paul Holm" <pholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RPG Screen to URL Link

Hi,

Using a client access 5250 emulation screen and HOT SPOTS, we can have a
URL
link be "clickable" to any web site (URL).  Is it possible to hide the URL
so it's not visible to end users but still clickable?

The goal is to enable RPG / 5250 screen to be able to link to
complementary
web applications.  This is possible today by simply putting a URL like:
http://CNN.COM on a emulator screen (with URL links enabled
Edit-Preferences-URL) but again the problem is that URLs can become very
long and not friendly to end users.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,  Paul

Business: 760-432-0600   Cell:  760-415-8830
PlanetJ - Makers of WOW  (AKA... WebSphere on Steroids)
You Need Web?  You Need WOW!  www.planetjavainc.com
WOW!!!!