From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of DLee@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 1:58 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Poi linking to other spreadsheets

JK;

Thanks for the reply.  I have made it work hardcoding the formula.  I like
the code you sent.

gwp02_c    = hssf_cellname( rowcount: 2)
gwp12_c    = hssf_cellname( rowcount: 12)
somestr = +
  'sum(' + %trim(sheetname1) + '!' + gwp02_c + ':' gwp12_c + ')' +
  'sum(' + %trim(sheetname2) + '!' + gwp02_c + ':' gwp12_c + ')' +
  'sum(' + %trim(sheetname3) + '!' + gwp02_c + ':' gwp12_c + ')' +
  'sum(' + %trim(sheetname4) + '!' + gwp02_c + ':' gwp12_c + ')'
hssf_formula( row: 14: %trim(somestr): Numeric);

Although I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

I'm getting a Operands are not compatible with the type of operator error.

I defined somestr as a jstring, I made sheetname1 a constant by
initializing a d spec as inz('Naic10')

I suspect I have the sheetname defined with the wrong data type.

Appreciate your help.

Darrell