Hi people,

I have a ILE RPG Program (B) that is reading XML files and putting the data
into Database. This Program (B) is called from another program (A) that
controls every 10 seconds a folder and if founds XML files, calls the program
(B) with the file name as a parameter. The program (A) is running in a JOB
under a SBS and just stops by IPL (the rest of the time is running).

I use a couple of procedures to value of the tags from the XML.

Would be something like this:
     C                   EVAL      %str(p_XmlFile:90) = %TRIMR(strFileIn)
      *  Initialize XML environement, provide pointer to DOM exception area
     C                   CALLP     QxmlInit(p_DomExcDta)
      *  Create a Parser object, set validation options and parse
     C                   EVAL      p_DomParse = QxmlDOMParser_new(p_PrsDta)
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOMParser_setDoValidation(p_DomParse:0)
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOMParser_parse_SystemId(p_DomParse:
     C                                p_XmlFile:Qxml_CCSID37:0)
      *  Create a Document from the Parse
     C                   EVAL      p_DomDoc = QxmlDOMParser_getDocument
     C                                (p_DomParse)
      *  Get MsgTyp
     C                   eval      strMsgTyp =
     C                              %TRIM(SeNoVa('MsgTyp'))

Where SeNoVa is a procedure that search the value of the TAG that you are
passing as parameter and give it back.

      *
      *  PROCEDURE:   SeNoVa
      *  FUNTION  :   Will search the value of a node, giving it back 999A
      *  PARAMETERS:  strNode          String with the XML tag
      *
     P SeNoVa...
     P                 B                   EXPORT
     D SeNoVa...
     D                 PI           999A
     D  strNode                      90A   VALUE
      *
     D strval          s            999A   INZ('')
      *
     D p_GetTagOpt     S               *
     D p_DomNodeList   S               *
     D p_NodeLst       S               *
     D p_Node          S               *
     D p_DomStr        S               *

     D lngElemCount    S             10I 0 INZ(0)
     D intCount        S              5u 0 inz(0)
      *
     C                   ALLOC     256           p_GetTagOpt
     C                   eval      intCount = 1
     C                   if        %len(%trim(strNode)) > 0
     C                   EVAL      %str(p_GetTagOpt:256)=strNode
     C                   eval      intCount = 2
     C                   EVAL      p_DomNodeList =
     C                             QxmlDOM_Document_getElementsByTagName
     C                                (p_DomDoc:p_GetTagOpt:
     C                                 Qxml_CHARSTR:%len(%trim(strNode)))
     C                   eval      intCount = 3
     C                   EVAL      lngElemCount = QxmlDOM_NodeList_getLength
     C                                         (p_DomNodeList)
     C                   eval      intCount = 4
     c                   IF        lngElemCount > 0
     c                   eval      intCount = 5
     C                   EVAL      p_NodeLst = QxmlDOM_NodeList_item
     C                                (p_DomNodeList:0)
     C                   eval      intCount = 6
     C                   if        QxmlDOM_Node_hasChildNodes(p_NodeLst) = 1
     C                   eval      intCount = 7
     C                   EVAL      p_Node = QxmlDOM_Node_getFirstChild
     C                                 (p_NodeLst)
     C                   eval      intCount = 8
     C                   EVAL      p_DomStr = QxmlDOM_Node_getNodeValue
     C                                 (p_Node)
     C                   eval      intCount = 9
     C                   EVAL      strVal  = %str(
     C                                 QxmlDOMString_transcode(p_DomStr))
     C                   else
     C                   eval      intCount = 10
     C                   eval      strVal = cNot_Found
     C                   endif
     C                   else
     C                   eval      intCount = 11
     C                   eval      strVal = cNot_Found
     C                   endif
     C                   eval      intCount = 12
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOMString_delete(p_DomStr)
     C                   eval      intCount = 13
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOM_Node_delete(p_Node)
     C                   eval      intCount = 14
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOM_NodeList_delete(p_NodeLst)
     C                   eval      intCount = 15
     C                   CALLP     QxmlDOM_NodeList_delete(p_DomNodeList)
     C                   eval      intCount = 16
     C                   endif
     C                   DEALLOC                 p_GetTagOpt

     C                   return    strVal

     P SeNoVa...
     P                 E

From time to time (really unfrequent, like once every 2 or 3 month or
something like this), I get in the above program point (trying to get the
MsgTyp Tag) an error MCH3601. I did a Formatted dump and observed that the
error comes from:

     C                   EVAL      p_DomNodeList =
     C                             QxmlDOM_Document_getElementsByTagName
     C                                (p_DomDoc:p_GetTagOpt:
     C                                 Qxml_CHARSTR:%len(%trim(strNode)))

But I have checked all parameters that I am passing to
QxmlDom_Document_getElementsByTagName and are all set

P_DOMDOC              POINTER              SPP:E7A4C2C2F20154A0
P_GETTAGOPT           POINTER              SPP:E7A4C2C2F202A5A0
INTCOUNT              UNS(5)               2                '0002'X

This last variable I have created so I know exactly where the program is having
error. This would be the first place where I am trying to get some Tag´s value.

But, the thing is that when I cancell the job where the program A is running
and starting again this job with program A, the error does not come with
everything the same (the same XML file)

Any help or ideas are really apreciated.

Jaime.