A kn own Excel
bugg...http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;269370...because MS is
adhering to a standard...for a change.

But...a credit card number *is* text...you won't be doing calculations with
it.

On 6/28/06, Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's what I thought.
Try typing the following into an excel cell
123456789123456789
and tell me what you get.
The only way around this is by typing a single quote before you type
123456789123456789, making the cell a text format, but when we applied
this
idea to our problem, the result showed leading zeroes. Even though this
was
NOT incorrect, it looked weird for our users when they know that,  the
particular field was a credit card.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             <Matt.Haas@thomso
             n.com>
             rpg400-l-bounces@         <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/28/2006 04:25          RE: Getting a file to excel
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

That only holds true for text files and there is a work around for it
but I don't recall what it is (searching on WEB-400 might turn it up).
For true Excel files, you can specify the data type for each cell and
it's not a problem.

Matt