Mike - a book that I found to be useful in learning about subfiles is
"Essentials of subfile programming..."
and can be found at
http://mc-store.com/5822.html
the unfortunate thing is that it is in RPG400.
However, you might want to take a look at it as I believe it can be very
good at explaining things about subfiles.

Alan Shore

NBTY, Inc
(631) 244-2000 ext. 5019
AShore@xxxxxxxx

             "Mike Troxclaire"
             <mike_troxclaire@
             hotmail.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             rpg400-l-bounces@                                          cc
             midrange.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re:RPG Education.
             06/16/2006 02:56
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Bob,

Thanks for the input. I am the only person who needs to learn RPG so I
don't
think the higher powers in our company would think it to be financially
feasible to have on site training. I tried a few books and learnt the
basics. I learnt lot of good stuff from "Programming in RPG IV" Third
Edition by Bryan Meyers & Judy Yaeger. I find myself referring frequently
"The Modern RPG IV Language -- Second Edition". I love it... I need to
purchase the Third Edition, don't I? I have put in a request. It should not

take long for approval...:). Another book is "Free Format RPG IV" by Jim
Martin and the problem that I have with this book is that there are lots of

gaps in the programming examples and I am not at that level where I can
easily comprehend all the code. So, are there any good books that you would

recommend at MC Press Online?

Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Mike.