Steve,
The one thing I know for certain is that no one else changed the binding source (except me). I learned my lesson some time ago about insert new modules. Now, I always append them to the end of the source. Since the error does not happen all the time, I am going to try to recreate the service program with a named activation group (as per Scott's recommendation).

Thanks...
Eric

Hey Eric,

I didn't read all responses to your inquiry so I'm not sure if you
resolved the issue yet. If you haven't, one thing you might want to
verify is the binding source associated with your service program. If
someone modified the binding source keeping the same signature but
changing the order of the exports and then didn't recompile every
program that uses that service program you'll get mch3601 errors. The
easiest way to verify this is to run debug over one of the programs
that's causing the issues. When it gets to the statement that uses one
of the service program procedures step into it and verify that the
correct procedure is being used. If it not you more than likely have an
issue with rearranged binding source.

This is very common when you use TurnOver or some other type of change
management package.