From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Lim Hock-Chai
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2006 2:28 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Handling a File Lock

Quick and dirty way to do this is:

1) use USROPN on the F spec.
2) In *inzsr, do:
        open(e) YOURFILE
        if              %error
        ... Override to the alternate file.
        open            YOURFILE
        endif

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob.Voltz@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 1:02 PM
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Handling a File Lock

What is the best way to handle this situation?
I have searched the archives and didn't find a solution to this.

If a chain to a file fails because it is being saved to tape, chain to
an alternate file.

RPGLE
V5.2

Thanks!

which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material.