From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, June 01, 2006 4:01 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Constructing Sql to position phone number that breakup
inareacode,prefix, suffix and extension.

so what's the deal with not being able to use the logical that is
already keyed broken out.  You said that you had one that way, correct?

PhoneFile  Key Fields...  Work with me here, I just jotting things done,
hopefully, it trigger something for you...

K AREACODE
K PREFIX
K SUFFIX
K EXTENSION

So when you receive the phone number from the input page (verify that a
legit 10-digit phone was entered first) ...

Break it out,

SetLL and ReadE...  Sorry If I'm off in lala land.

D NumberDS   DS
D ACODE                 3A
D PFIX                  3A
D SFIX                  4A

NumberDS = inNumber;

SetLL (ACODE:PFIX:SFIX:inEXTENSION) PHONEFILE; ReadE (ACODE:PFIX:SFIX)
PHONEFILE; Dow not %EoF(PHONEFILE) And (inExtension = 0 Or Extension =
inExtension);
  build subfile
  ReadE (ACODE:PFIX:SFIX) PHONEFILE;
EndDo;

Michael Schutte

             "Lim Hock-Chai"

             <Lim.Hock-Chai@us

             amobility.com>
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /

             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

             midrange.com
cc

Subject
             06/01/2006 04:47          RE: Constructing Sql to position

             PM                        phone number that breakup

                                       inareacode,prefix, suffix and

                                       extension.

             Please respond to

              RPG programming

              on the AS400 /

                  iSeries

             <rpg400-l@midrang

                  e.com>

Also, the subfile program list from number starting from what user
entered on the screen.