From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Bob Cozzi
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 10:11 AM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: RPG, 10 years from now

Did you just say you want RPG to run on *NIX and Windows?
Me too, but as recent as 5 years ago a company had a version that ran
everywhere, supported DDS and much of CL and compiled native objects, not a
huge
emulated runtime environment. Problem was, nobody purchased it.
I know if RPG IV ran on Linux, I would drop the AS/400 iSeries System i5
like a
hot potato.  You'd only need RPG IV and externally described file, which
could
be created via DB2 SQL calls. I don't need DDS.

-Bob Cozzi
www.RPGxTools.com
RPG xTools - Enjoy programming again.