Hi all,  Now I've got a "strange subfile problem" ~ Must be the day for
them...

A small subfile test program that I have, compiles fine, but errors on the
initial Write to the control-record (with SFLCLR Indicator *On, and all
other's off) with "Window does not exist" (CPF500A) The Cause says "An
attempt was made to display a window record in a window that is not
currently being displayed." (What? LOL)

It's a subfile-in-a-window thing! Oh, it also works fine if I don't do an
initial clear of the subfile!  If I load the subfile, execute format on the
control-record, and then clear the subfile, it works fine, but that's
backwards!

Here's the Display file and small test only program...

A          R DSP12SFL                  SFL
A  40                                  SFLNXTCHG
A            S1SEL          1A  B  4  7COLOR(BLU)
A            S1MODEL        5A  O  4 11
A            S1YEAR         4S 0O  4 19
A            S1DESC        40A  O  4 25

A          R DSP12CTL                  SFLCTL(DSP12SFL)

A                                      CF02
A                                      CF24
A                                      OVERLAY
A  42                                  SFLDSP
A                                      SFLDSPCTL
A  41                                  SFLCLR
A  42                                  SFLEND(*MORE)
A                                      SFLSIZ(0320)
A                                      SFLPAG(0010)
A                                      WINDOW(DSP12RCD)
A                                  2  6'Sel'
DSPATR(UL)
COLOR(WHT)
A                                  2
11'Model#'
DSPATR(UL)
COLOR(WHT)
A                                  2
19'Year'
DSPATR(UL)
COLOR(WHT)
A                                  2 25'              Description
-
'
DSPATR(UL)
COLOR(WHT)
A            S1POSN         5A  B  3
11COLOR(BLU)
A                                  3 17'<- Position
to...'
COLOR(BLU)

A          R
DSP12RCD
A                                      WINDOW(6 3 15 70
*NOMSGLIN)
A                                      WDWBORDER((*COLOR WHT) (*DSPATR HI
-
A                                      RI) (*CHAR
'+-+||+-+'))
A                                 15  7'F2=Return'
A                                      COLOR(BLU)
A                                 15 19'F24=Process'
A                                      COLOR(BLU)

fwkd111c_svcf   e             workstn sfile(dsp12sfl:rrn12)

d rrn12           s              4  0

/free

 *in41 = *on;
 clear *in42;
 write dsp12ctl; <- Errors here....

 clear *in41;

 s1model = 'xxxxx';

 for rrn12 = 1 to 20; <- Just to load the subfile with test
data.
   write dsp12sfl;
 endfor;

 *in42 = *on;