Hi Michael;

I tried it as you suggested and still getting same error.

Andy
----- Original Message ----- From: <Michael_Schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: API CEEDOD and CEE0502 Missing operational descriptor.

I'm not familiar with CEEDOD.  but could you do this.

D CEEDOD          PR
D  ParmNum                      10i 0 CONST
D  DescType                     10i 0
D  DataType                     10i 0
D  DescInfo1                    10i 0
D  DescInfo2                    10i 0
D  ParmLen                      10i 0
D  FeedBack                     12a   OPTIONS(*NoPass)

CEEDOD(1 : Od.DescType : Od.DataType
    : Od.DescInfo1 : Od.DescInfo2 : MaxLen );

I've never had much luck with *OMIT Thing.

Michael Schutte

            Michael_Schutte@b
            obevans.com
            rpg400-l-bounces@         RPG programming on the AS400 /
            midrange.com              iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                       cc

            05/04/2006 01:44                                      Subject
            PM                        Re: API CEEDOD and CEE0502  Missing
                                      operational descriptor.

            Please respond to
             RPG programming
             on the AS400 /
                 iSeries
            <rpg400-l@midrang
                 e.com>

It's been awhile since I've worked with this but don't you need to add the
CEEDOD_Parms qualifier?

Od.CEEDOD_Parms.ParmNum   etc...

Just for a comparison... here's what I have done.

D MTD             DS                  Qualified Dim(4)
D  Unit                               LikeDS(Variables)
D  Area                               LikeDS(Variables) Dim(2)
D  Regn                               LikeDS(Variables) Dim(2)
D  Comp                               LikeDS(Variables) Dim(2)

D Variables       DS                  Qualified
D  Surveys                       8  0
D  AskedIfProb                   8  0
D  ProblemsYes                   8  0
D  AskedIfRptd                   8  0
D  ReportedYes                   8  0
D  AskedIfResd                   8  0
D  ResolvedYes                   8  0
D  AskedCLI                      8  0 Dim(99)
D  CLITVAns                      8  0 Dim(99)

MTD(iY).Unit.Surveys += 1;
MTD(iY).Area(iZ).Surveys += 1;
MTD(iY).Regn(iZ).Surveys += 1;
MTD(iY).Comp(iZ).Surveys += 1;

Well, I guess not.  I don't see anything wrong with your code. Sorry.

Michael Schutte

            "Andy Hautamaki"
            <ahautamaki@tstov
            erland.com>                                                To
            Sent by:                  "RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx"
            rpg400-l-bounces@         <RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
            midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                  Subject
            05/04/2006 01:28          API CEEDOD and CEE0502  Missing
            PM                        operational descriptor.

            Please respond to
             RPG programming
             on the AS400 /
                 iSeries
            <rpg400-l@midrang
                 e.com>

I created a NOMAIN module to try out an example Barbara Morris had in an
article called 'Write or Call RPG procedures with Ease' and when I try to
use the API CEEDOD am getting a CEE0502 error 'Missing operational
descriptor'.

D Pr_SrchRepl     PR                  opdesc
D  String                    65535a   varying Options(*VarSize)
D  Srch                        500a   Const varying
D  Repl                        500a   Const varying

D CEEDOD          PR
D  ParmNum                      10i 0 CONST
D  DescType                     10i 0
D  DataType                     10i 0
D  DescInfo1                    10i 0
D  DescInfo2                    10i 0
D  ParmLen                      10i 0
D  FeedBack                     12a   OPTIONS(*OMIT)

D CEEDOD_Parms    DS                  Qualified
D                                     Based(Type_Def_Dummy)
D  ParmNum                      10i 0
D  DescType                     10i 0
D  DataType                     10i 0
D  DescInfo1                    10i 0
D  DescInfo2                    10i 0
D  ParmLen                      10i 0
D  FeedBack                     12a

P Pr_SrchRepl     B                   export
D Pr_SrchRepl     PI                  Opdesc
D  String                    65535a   varying Options(*VarSize)
D  Srch                        500a   Const varying
D  Repl                        500a   Const varying

D MaxLen          S             10i 0
D Od              DS                  Likeds(CEEDOD_Parms)

CEEDOD(1 : Od.DescType : Od.DataType
    : Od.DescInfo1 : Od.DescInfo2 : MaxLen : *Omit);

What have I done wrong?

Thanks
Andy