To: "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: Print overlay

Ummm, yeah...  are you using different fonts?  Or Try using the Position
Keyword.

R SECTION@2
 S@2LINE       90          POSITION(&S@2FRMTOP &S@2FRMLFT)
 S@2FRMLFT      5S 3P
 S@2FRMTOP      5S 3P

S@2frmlft and frmtop are fields that get populated in the RPGLE program.

Michael Schutte

            Vicky.Wilkinson@i
            ndigo.co.uk
            rpg400-l-bounces@         rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
            midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                  Subject
            05/04/2006 09:17          Print overlay
            AM

            Please respond to
             RPG programming
             on the AS400 /
                 iSeries
            <rpg400-l@midrang
                 e.com>

I have an AFPDS spool file containing a couple of barcodes.  I am creating
my print file with devtype(*AFPDS), page lebgth 22, overflow 22, page
rotation 0.

Problem is that when printing the output is not reflecting the character
positions.

Example..

R DETAIL
                           SKIPB(3)
                          1'Office Furniture Ltd'

                         34'WORKS ORDER NO:'
 WORD      R             50REFFLD(WORD)

Output omits spacing between literals - produces following :

Office Furniture LtdWorks Order No:

Any ideas ????

Thanks