Arthur,

My Java guys use POI.  Not that there's not anything better yet, but
we haven't found it.  Our RPG types use CVTDBFXLS and CVTXLSDBF from
Kemetech to create spreadsheets and get data from spreadsheets into
DB2 tables.

http://www.kemetech.com

They have a new product coming this month that will allow you to
programmatically manipulate Excel files. I'm looking forward to it. Their stuff is good, and really inexpensive.

We also have SEQUEL from ASC and use that a great deal to create
spreadsheets, but it doesn't go the other direction.

Mike E.

On 4/28/06, Arthur.Marino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx