Hi Guy,

I'm trying my best to keep a straight face with this thread, but I think
it's just a hoot how passionate people are about this for such pitiful
reasons.....  Sorry, nothing personal, it's just that there ARE valid
reasons to avoid these special characters.  I deal with a similar set of
standards here, and even though everyone agrees that the standards are out
of date, nobody can seem to get traction on changing them.....

Regardless, none of the items you listed require the use of the special
characters that we're discussing.  Here's a set of standards that I commonly
see in use:

First character (lower case) denotes the scope of the variable (p=parm,
v=screen, l=local, g=global....)
Next, capitalize the first letter of the variable name, lower case the
rest....

vCustNo, pDivision, lCounter, gUserID

Not a single "special" character to be found.  In fact, p is much more
descriptive than @, so why use the special character?

My flame retardant boxers are ready.... <g>

Eric DeLong
Sally Beauty Company
MIS-Project Manager (BSG)
940-297-2863 or ext. 1863