1. Define a compile time array for the month names
       E                    MONTH  12  12  3
  2. Move the month number into a separate field
      C                     MOVE DDMM      MM     20

  3.  Move the month name from the compile time array to your screen field
     C                     MOVE MONTH,MM  MONTN   3

  4. Define the compile time array
  JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec

sunny singh <franky_four_fingures@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  hi all...
i am using(learning) rpg - 3.. or rpg-400.
i have a prob --
my date is stored in a physical file as packed decimal of four character in
length. in format ddmm e.g. 2406) without year.but i want to display this date
in the display subfile(subfile) as dd-mmm (e.g. 24 - jun) six characters.i dont
know how to do this..
in rpg -3..(not rpg ile or rpg4)
please help me, and give me solution .
have anice day and good luck to all.
thank you....

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates
starting at 1¢/min.