From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Holden Tommy
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 1:59 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Pointer or Parameter Error...

Ok I found a workaround...appears that the error is not related to the
file (even though it's blowing up there stating that the file is closed
when it's not....

Anyway, I have been duplicating & removing various bits of code to find
my failing point (which should have produced a "real" error message....)

The failing point was due to the GetOSInfo() procedure in the service
program.  I restructed the procedure to return a varying field (in this
case the BasicInfo DS) & made the necessary code change to the extract
program KR0057EX & it works fine now.  Should this be reported to IBM???
What's your opinion??

Thanks,
Tommy Holden