I am sorry Michael. I do not know what happened when pasting it came thru
that way. Here it is again..
     H NOMAIN
      /COPY QPROTOSRC,EDITOOLTST
     PCTSTJSTTST       B                   export
     DCTSTJSTTST       PI           118    opdesc
     D CSTZIP                        70    OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)
     D CITY                          35
     D STE                            2
     D ZIP                            9
     D Pass                           1
     D ERR                            1
      *----------------------------------------------------------------
     D X               S              2  0
     D Y               S              2  0
     D LEN             S              5I 0 INZ
     D FLDLEN          S             +1    LIKE(CSTZIP)
      *----------------------------------------------------------------
     C*  ........................
     C                   IF        CSTZIP = *BLANKS
     C                   EVAL      ERR = *ON
     C                   ELSE
     C*
     C                   EVAL      ERR = *OFF
     C                   clear                   FLDLEN
     C                   MOVEL     CSTZIP        FLDLEN
     C     X'00'         CHECKR    FLDLEN        LEN
     C     ' '           CHECKR    FLDLEN:len    LEN                    25
     C*  ........................
     C*    *load city/state/zip
     C*  ........................
     C* *if city is not blanks....
     C                   clear                   city
     C                   clear                   ste
     C                   clear                   zip
     C*   look for city/state delimited by ","..
     C     ','           scan      fldlen        x                        27
     C                   if        *in27 = *on
     C                   eval      %subst(city:1:x-1) = %subst(fldlen:1:x-1)
     C                   else
     C     ' '           scan      fldlen        x                        27
     C                   if        *in27 = *on
     C                   eval      %subst(city:1:x-1) = %subst(fldlen:1:x-1)
     C                   endif
     C                   endif
     C                   eval      x = x+1
     C* look for non-blank..for state
     C                   if        x + 2  < LEN
     C                   eval      Y = 2
     C                   else
     C                   eval      y = len - x + 1
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   dow       x < LEN
     C                   if        %subst(fldlen:x:1) <> ' '
     C                   eval      %subst(ste:1:2)  = %subst(fldlen:x:2)
     C                   eval      x = x+2
     C                   leave
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   eval      x = x+1
     C                   if        x + 2  < LEN
     C                   eval      Y = 2
     C                   else
     C                   eval      y = len - x + 1
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   enddo
     C*
     C* look for non-blank..zip code
     C                   if        x + 9  < LEN
     C                   eval      Y = 9
     C                   else
     C                   eval      y = len - x + 1
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   if        y >  9
     C                   eval      y = 9
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   dow       x < len
     C*
     C                   if        %subst(fldlen:x:1) <> ' ' AND
     C                             %subst(fldlen:x:1) <> '.'
     C                   eval      %subst(zip:1:y)  = %subst(fldlen:x:y)
     C*
     C     '-'           SCAN      ZIP           POS               2 0    20
     C                   IF        *IN20 = *ON
     C                   EVAL      Y = Y - POS + 1
     C                   EVAL      X = X + POS
     C                   if        y > 9
     C                   EVAL      y = 9
     C                   endif
     C                   EVAL      %SUBST(ZIP:POS:Y) = %SUBST(FLDlen:X:Y)
     C                   ENDIF
     C*
     C                   leave
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   eval      x = x+1
     C                   if        x + 9  <= LEN
     C                   eval      Y = 9
     C                   else
     C                   eval      y = len - x + 1
     C                   endif
     C*
     C                   enddo
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   select
     C                   when      pass = '2'
     C                   return    ste
     C                   when      pass = '3'
     C                   return    zip
     C                   other
     C                   return    CITY
     C                   endsl