Chain (Company:Employee) EmpMast;
If %Found(EmpMast);
   Do something...
Else
   do something else...
endif

SetLL (Company:Employee) EmpMast;
ReadE (Company) EmpMast;
Dow not %EoF(EmpMast) And (Employee = *Blanks Or  File'sEmployee =
Employee);
    do something...
EndDo;

Michael Schutte
Work 614-492-7419
email  michael_schutte@xxxxxxxxxxxx

             "Jake M"
             <jakeroc@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "RPG programming on the AS400 /
             rpg400-l-bounces@         iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange.com                                               cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/29/2006 02:49          Re: newbie prototype question...
             PM

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

Michael Schutte,
Are you a good teacher or what? Well, that was extremely nice of you to
give
detailed instructions in that tutorial about the usage of Binding
Directory.
Thank you for that. I am really comfortable with the concept of binding
directories, now. Rob, I will follow that redbook and muster as much
information as I can. Another newbie question.../include and /COPY mean the
same thing, right? Also, I was wondering if Michael could put out an
example
for the usage of 'CHAIN' when he is feeling generous about his time.....:)

Thanks,

Jake.

On 3/29/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> now...
>
> Michael:
>
> I idea of Binding Directory is clear as mud right now(so to speak). Is it
> similar to creating a Source Physical File and then adding members to it?
> Just that in place of members, you add modules. Is that right? Please
> forgive my lack of knowledge. Modules using EXPORT??
>
> Jake.
>
> On 3/29/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > My bad, I did that part from memory.
> >       /include QPROTOSRC(PROTO_02)
> > should be
> >       /include QPROTOSRC,PROTO_02
> > I am very sorry.
> >
> > Rob Berendt
> > --
> > Group Dekko Services, LLC
> > Dept 01.073
> > PO Box 2000
> > Dock 108
> > 6928N 400E
> > Kendallville, IN 46755
> > http://www.dekko.com
> >

> > "Jake M" <jakeroc@xxxxxxxxx>
> > Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > 03/28/2006 04:55 PM
> > Please respond to
> > RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > "RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: newbie prototype question...
> >

> > Rob,
> > I created a Physical Source File called QPROTOSRC and in that I created
> > member named PROTO_02. This has
> >
> >      D PROTO_02        PR                  EXTPGM('PROTO_02')
> >      D  num1                         15P 5
> >      D  num2                         15P 5
> >
> > and in my QRPGLESRC I have another member named PROTO_02, also. This
has

> >       /include QPROTOSRC(PROTO_02)
> >
> >      D PROTO_02        PI
> >      D  num1                         15P 5
> >      D  num2                         15P 5
> >

> >      D  num3           S             15P 5
> >
> >       /free
> >          num3 = num1 + num2;
> >          dsply num3;
> >          dsply 'DONE';
> >          *inlr = *on;
> >       /end-free
> >
> > but I am getting an error saying..
> >
> > RNF0273 Compiler not able to open the /COPY or /INCLUDE file; directive
> > ignored.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong here?
> >
> > Jake.
> >
> > On 3/28/06, rob@xxxxxxxxx <rob@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Jake,
> > >
> > > I - Calling from a different program.
> > > What is often done is cutting out the
> > >      D PROTO_02        PR                  EXTPGM('PROTO_02')
> > >      D  num1                         15P 5
> > >      D  num2                         15P 5
> > > and putting that into a seperate source member.  Like
> > QPROTOSRC,PROTO_02.
> > > And in the PROTO_02 program replace what you cut out with
> > >       /include QPROTOSRC(PROTO_02)
> > > Now, in the new program that you wrote, that you want to call
PROTO_02