You can run command on the iSeries using the iSeries Commands tree, then
choose "Your commands".  You can also use the iSeries command log view.

Adam

"Jake M" <jakeroc@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
29/03/2006 10:38 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: newbie prototype question...

> >>Hope you don't mind another voice in the discussion.  I think of
binding
> >>directories as just a way of storing the list of objects to bind to
the
> >>program.  So, instead of typing :
> >>   crtpgm mylib/myprogram modules(myprogram mymodule1 mymodule2)
> >>bndsrvpgm(mysrvpgm1 mysrvpgm2)
>
> >>I add all of these items to a binding directory.  Create using
CRTBNDDIR
> >>mybnddir.  Then use WRKBNDDIRE mybnddir, or:
> >>ADDBNDDIRE BNDDIR(mybnddir) OBJ(mymodule1 *MODULE)
> >>ADDBNDDIRE BNDDIR(mybnddir) OBJ(mymodule2 *MODULE)
> >>ADDBNDDIRE BNDDIR(mybnddir) OBJ(mysrvpgm1 *SRVPGM)
> >>ADDBNDDIRE BNDDIR(mybnddir) OBJ(mysrvpgm2 *SRVPGM)
>
> >>Now, the program creation step is:
> >>   crtpgm mylib/myprogram bnddir(mybnddir)
>
> >>You can also put the binding directory in the H-specs of your RPG
> program:
> >>      H bnddir('MYBNDDIR')
>
> Adam,

    Please feel free to give your input any time. It really helps. Okay,
it
is all starting to make sense now. I hardly use the green screen for any
of
my development. I use it only when I am running some interactive apps and
want to look at the output on the screen since RSE provides only an
emulation. Is there anyway that I can go about carrying out the procedure
described above in RSE.

Thanks in advance,
Jake.