Von: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]Im Auftrag von Tyler, Matt
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. Marz 2006 00:29
An: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Betreff: GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE issues

To all,

We have this process that uses the DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE
statement to "model" a work file to QTEMP.  The work file is defined
with date fields, packed fields, keyed, etc.   In our program we have
referenced this work file on the F-spec with EXTFILE('QTEMP/WORKFILE')
and USROPN.  After running the SQL statement to create the temporary
table, open the work file in the program and get a record format level
check error (CPF4131).

I know of ways around this issue and I'm not necessarily looking for
other solutions like CRTDUPOBJ or using FETCH instead of native I/O.
Those are options which we are keeping in mind.  We just want to find
the reason this happens.

In the model file if I define a date field I get the level check error.
If I remove the date field or change its data type to something else I
do not receive the level check error.   We are wondering why is a file
created in QTEMP with DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE and having date
fields would end up causing a level check issue?

Code links:

http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=4f2d1b6615

http://code.midrange.com/index.php?id=915a0df534

Thanks, Matt