You could define a data structure of the fields you wish to forward on to the PDF process, and place that data structure as a hidden field on the subfile.

Then, when the user is done editing & massaging the subfile you could read the subfile from beginning to end and write out to a different work file, records using the hidden subfile field as the basis for the data?

Simple, easy to implement, and fast to process.

steema@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am trying to think of the best way to do this.
The purpose of this subfile is for the user to then request that these
records become PDFs and sent to the plant.

I create a work file off of a Production logical that I use for the subfile.

I can Delete records from this work file, that don't make the selection,
and further that the user would delete ( this is the only update func.
allowed). Or can put a 1 char. field at the end of the work file rec. to
ind. that it is to pass further, then do some kind of copy.

But then I have taken off the update lock w/ that READ (NO.

Steve,
        The message is telling you that you have other code that has
already locked that DB record to this current job (note the member
reference in the message).  It could be that the same program or a
utility program that has *INLR off has that particular record already
locked for another reason.  It has nothing to do with your sub-file.  I
have done this in the past when I use a PF and LF in the same program
both with update capabilities and attempt to get the same record using
somewhat different keys lists.  I get around this by always loading the
sub-file with out the lock capability (ie, read (N)) and using only one
file definition as the update source.

Thanks, Matt