This looks a little cleaner

c****************************************************************
c     blddat        begsr
c*-----------------------------------------------------------------
c     datet         ifeq      0
c                   eval      datet=datef
c                   endif
c*
C     *in91         doweq     *off
c*
C                   read(n)   eflj6hkpa                              91
C                   if        *in91
C                   leave
C                   endif
 c     j6acct        ifeq      acct
 c     j6odat        ifge      datef
 c     j6odat        andle     datet
 C                   eval      rrn1 = rrn1 + 1
 C                   eval      option = *blank
 C                   write     sfl1
 c                   endif
 c                   endif
 C                   enddo

Another thing....since you are getting locks that you don't want it
tells me the file  eflj6hkpa is open for update.  The easiest way to fix
this is to change the read to read(N) so it doesn't lock the record.
You shouldn't lock any records until you are ready to update/delete.

Thanks,
Tommy Holden