That reminds me of the output line to a disk file at my first job as a
programmer:

O                         A           80

It me took several days to figure out that "A" was an array and loaded
throughout the program.

Dave B

>>> Vincent.Forbes@xxxxxxxx 02/28/2006 11:23:53 AM >>>
I didn't write this {just maintain it}.  It is from an old {thankfully
obsolete} RPG II statement program that did line counting.

I once had to add in a customer message on the first page.  Sounds
simple, doesn't it ... It wasn't.  It took over a week & dozens of
tests.

All indicators {including Lx Mx & Hx} were used & it used the "Cycle",
"Primary File", "Secondary Files" and "Matching logic".

Here is a small sample of the "Output" specs.

O        E   12   85 63 50
 O                                   58 'AS AT'
  *
 O        E   13   85 63 50
 O                         ZDES      67
  *
 O        E   14   85 63 50
 O                         RNAM1     42
 O                       57         108 'SCHEDULE D'
 O                      N57         105 'D'
 O                      N57ZNBPAGZ  108
  *
 O        E   15   85 63 50
 O                         RNAM2     42