From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:54 AM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: worst RPG ever seen?

 >> Let me know if you have seen worse code.

Not sure if it is worse - but this is an example of the worst I've ever
seen.

     C     VAL1          ADD       VAL2          TOT1              7 2
     C     TOT1          SUB       VAL1          TMP               7 2
     C     TMP           COMP      VAL2                                   99
     C  N99              GOTO      ERR1
     C     VAL3          ADD       VAL4          TOT2              7 2
     C     TOT2          SUB       VAL3          TMP               7 2
     C     TMP           COMP      VAL4                                   99
     C  N99              GOTO      ERR2

If you're guessing that this was written by an accountant who didn't trust
computers you'd be right!  I was able to get rid of an awful lot of code
when I took over the program!

Jon Paris
Partner400

www.Partner400.com